yYAXssKCQaUWZcXZ79RJTBLvo-c;SfREtjZ9NYeQnnVMC-CsZ9qN6L0 Finance, Economics, Globus, Brokers, Banks, Collateral-Oriano Mattei: aprile 2016

video

Loading...

sabato 30 aprile 2016

The US military has said that a deadly air strike on a Doctors Without Borders (MSF) hospital in Afghanistan last year was a mistake and therefore not a war crime. Technical and human error led to the attack, General Joseph Votel said on Friday as he presented the results of an internal investigation into the October 3 incident in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz.....



The US military has said that a deadly air strike on a Doctors Without Borders (MSF) hospital in Afghanistan last year was a mistake and therefore not a war crime.
Technical and human error led to the attack, General Joseph Votel said on Friday as he presented the results of an internal investigation into the October 3 incident in the northern Afghan city of Kunduz.
At least 42 people, including 24 patients, 14 staff and four caretakers, were killed and 37 others wounded in the air strike, which destroyed the MSF hospital building and prompted widespread condemnation from human rights groups.
 October 3 bombing of MSF hospital in Kunduz 
"The personnel involved did not know that they were striking a medical facility," the investigation report concluded.
"The intended target was an insurgent-controlled site which was approximately 400 metres away from the MSF Trauma Center."

'Unintentional act'

The hospital was mistaken for another building controlled by the Taliban, Votel told reporters at the Pentagon.
The hospital was on a list of buildings not to target, but the aircraft crew did not have access to the list due to problems with a radio system, he added.
"The investigation determined that all members of both the ground force and the AC-130 air crew were unaware that the aircraft was firing on a medical facility throughout the engagement," Votel said.
"The investigation ultimately concluded that this tragic incident was caused by a combination of human errors, compounded by process and equipment failures."
"The label war crimes is typically reserved for intentional acts - intentional targeting civilians or intentionally targeting protected objects or locations."
MSF said it was reviewing the report to determine if it addressed questions that remained after the attack, but the international medical charity said it was not satisfied with an investigation carried out only by the military rather than an independent body.
"Today's briefing amounts to an admission of an uncontrolled military operation in a densely populated urban area, during which US forces failed to follow the basic laws of war," MSF President Meinie Nicolai said in a statement.
"It is incomprehensible that, under the circumstances described by the US, the attack was not called off."
The US cannot "escape their responsibilities on the battlefield simply by ruling out the intent to attack a protected structure".

Staff disciplined

Sixteen military personnel, including a general officer, were singled out for disciple, but none will face criminal charges, Votel said.
Punishments included suspension and removal from command, letters of reprimand, counseling and retraining, the military said. Five people were ordered out of Afghanistan.
Exact details about punishments and who was involved were withheld due to privacy concerns.
The US will also make payments to the victims and their families and spend $5.7m to rebuild the hospital, the DPA news agency reported.
The military was also instituting reforms to prevent such mistakes in the future, including changes into how its no-strike list is accessed.
US President Barack Obama had been briefed on the report, spokesman Josh Earnest said.

fonte -DPA-

Protests have continued for a second day against US Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump in California. On Friday, protesters tried to block the billionaire businessman from making a speech before the Republican Party Convention in the Hyatt Regency hotel in Burlingame. They chanted obscenities and threw raw eggs at police but they were blocked by a line of police in riot gear......

Police said five protesters were arrested on Friday [Eric Risberg/AP]
Police said five protesters were arrested on Friday [Eric Risberg/AP]

Protests have continued for a second day against US Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump in California.
On Friday, protesters tried to block the billionaire businessman from making a speech before the Republican Party Convention in the Hyatt Regency hotel in Burlingame.
They chanted obscenities and threw raw eggs at police but they were blocked by a line of police in riot gear.
Several physical altercations, including shoving, could be seen between protesters and police officers, who were using batons to push them back.
“He’s not a uniter, he’s a divider," one protester told Al Jazeera. "I think he should not run for president, he’s not what America stands for.”
Some protesters infiltrated the hotel building and hung a giant banner reading, "Stop Hate."
The Secret Service led Trump into the hotel through a rear entrance.
Burlingame Police said five people were arrested in the altercations.
"The protestors here are denouncing Trump as a racist," Al Jazeera's Rob Reynolds said, reporting from Burlingame. "They are denouncing him for his inflammatory comments about Mexican immigrants and his plan to bar all Muslims from entering the United States."
'Not the easiest entrance I've ever made'
On stage, inside the hotel which was still surrounded by protesters, Trump joked about the protesters who had tried to block his motorcade.
"That was not the easiest entrance I’ve ever made. My wife called and said there are helicopters following you. And then we went under a fence and though a fence," he said.
"Oh boy, it felt like I was crossing the border actually."
A day earlier, police in riot gear and on horseback clashed with anti-Trump protesters and about 20 people were arrested.
About 20 people were arrested, said the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
California holds its primary on June 7, and polls show  Trump far ahead of his rivals,Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Ohio Governor John Kasich.
"It probably will be the state that gets Trump either very, very near or over the top" Henry Brady, the dean of Goldman School of Public Policy, told Al Jazeera.
"So it’s the place where everything will become absolutely crystal clear," he said.
Regardless of who prevails on the Republican side, California, the most populous US state, leans leftward and seems certain to go Democratic in November’s general election.
“This is a very Democratic state, Republicans have about a quarter of the political registration," Brady said, "So there's just not many republicans left in this state.”
Front-running Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is popular in California, leading rival Bernie Sanders by about 7 percentage points in recent polls.
No Republican has won California in the general election in 28 years.
New York: Primaries, politics and the press - The Listening Post

fonte -aljazeera-

The Syrian government has called local truces near Damascus and in the northern province of Latakia but has excluded the main battlefield in Aleppo. A new "regime of calm" began at 1am on Saturday and is scheduled to last one day in the capital's eastern Ghouta suburb and three days in the northern countryside of the coastal province of Latakia, the army said in a statement....



The Syrian government has called local truces near Damascus and in the northern province of Latakia but has excluded the main battlefield in Aleppo.
A new "regime of calm" began at 1am on Saturday and is scheduled to last one day in the capital's eastern Ghouta suburb and three days in the northern countryside of the coastal province of Latakia, the army said in a statement.
By excluding the city of Aleppo, scene of the worst recent violence, the narrow truces were unlikely to resurrect a ceasefire and peace talks that have collapsed this week.
The surge in fighting in the city - home to more than two million people - showed "monstrous disregard" for civilian lives, the United Nations said.
In the latest violence, government strikes hit three clinics in rebel-held districts of the city, rescue workers and sources in the city said.
One strike on the al-Marja neighbourhood wounded several people, including at least one nurse, the civil defence, known as the White Helmets, said.
Other medical facilities were destroyed in Bustan Qaser and al-Qoba, as well as three mosques.
No deaths were reported after the attacks but at least ten civilians died in separate strikes in the Bustan Qaser neighbourhood.
The Syrian military denied it was behind the shelling, instead blaming "terrorists targeting citizens".
The clinic in al-Marja had been providing dental services and treatment for chronic illnesses for about five years.
Al Jazeera's Andrew Simmons, reporting from the Syria-Turkey border, said the clinic had been effectively destroyed in the strike.
"This is a medical centre that deals with chronic illnesses and dental surgery," he said. "But it is being used, obviously every facility possible is being used, for medical treatment in Aleppo right now." 
A medical facility hit by an air strike [Al Jazeera]

'Violence is soaring'

Earlier this week, at least 50 people were killed - including two doctors - when air strikes hit the al-Quds hospital and a nearby block of flats in the rebel-held Sukkari neighbourhood, according to Doctors Without Borders.
The attack on the hospital, which is supported by Doctors Without Borders, has been roundly condemned by world leaders, including US Secretary of State John Kerry, who said it appeared to be a "deliberate strike".
More than 200 civilians have been killed in Aleppo over the past week as rebels have pounded government-held neighbourhoods with rocket and artillery fire, and the government has hit rebel areas with air raids. 
On Friday, air strikes on rebel-held districts killed two civilians, one of them a child, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
In Geneva, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights said the latest reports of civilian deaths in Syria revealed a "monstrous disregard for civilian lives by all parties to the conflict".
In a statement released on Friday, Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein urged all sides to step back from a return to an all-out war.
The UN official said "the violence is soaring back to the levels we saw prior to the cessation of hostilities" in late February. He added that targeting medical facilities and markets could "amount to war crimes".

fonte -aljazeera-

Elon Musk, 44 anni, patron della rivoluzionaria casa automobilistica californiana - testa dura e spalle finanziariamente solide - dice che entro la fine del 2017 al mondo ce ne saranno 7 mila (ora sono poche centinaia). Il boss della Tesla è tornato alla ribalta grazie alla straordinaria accoglienza riservata alla macchina che non c’è, la Tesla 3. Che fa 345 km con un pieno e in sei secondi passa da zero a cento all’ora. Nessuno l’ha provata né vista di persona eppure da quando (il primo aprile) è prenotabile su Internet o in concessionaria, si sono messi in fila in 360 mila, depositando mille dollari negli States o mille euro in Europa, rimborsabili se si rinuncerà all’acquisto......

Carpiano, sullo stradone che collega Melegnano e Binasco, 15 chilometri a sud di Milano, nel parcheggio dell’hotel Ibis c’è la stazione Supercharger. Serve per fare il pieno di elettricità alle auto Tesla. È la più vicina al capoluogo lombardo, la 164esima installata al mondo. Dice il receptionist dell’Ibis che ogni giorno un paio di vetture si riforniscono da una delle sei colonnine. La ricarica veloce (20 minuti) è gratis, per tutte le Tesla. In Italia di stazioni così ce ne sono 12: la più frequentata all’autoporto di Aosta. Per ora sono tutte al nord, ma presto sarà la volta di Magliano Sabina, per coprire l’area romana, e di Salerno (per Napoli).

Elon Musk, 44 anni, patron della rivoluzionaria casa automobilistica californiana - testa dura e spalle finanziariamente solide - dice che entro la fine del 2017 al mondo ce ne saranno 7 mila (ora sono poche centinaia).

Il boss della Tesla è tornato alla ribalta grazie alla straordinaria accoglienza riservata alla macchina che non c’è, la Tesla 3. Che fa 345 km con un pieno e in sei secondi passa da zero a cento all’ora. Nessuno l’ha provata né vista di persona eppure da quando (il primo aprile) è prenotabile su Internet o in concessionaria, si sono messi in fila in 360 mila, depositando mille dollari negli States o mille euro in Europa, rimborsabili se si rinuncerà all’acquisto.

Da noi la vettura arriverà ad andar bene alla fine del 2018, ma in lista d’attesa che ha già superato quota 400 mila ci sono centinaia di italiani. Come Federico Lagni, fondatore e animatore del Tesla Club Italia. A lui si rivolgono, sul Web, i tanti attratti dalla prima macchina non carissima della casa di Palo Alto: costerà dai 35 mila dollari in su, negli Usa (il prezzo medio previsto supera però i 50 mila) e partirà dai 45 mila euro in Europa. «Stavolta si fa viva anche molta gente con redditi "normali"», racconta Lagni, che fa l’informatico e da Tesla non becca un euro, per l’alacre opera di proselitismo elettrico.

Sudafricano di nascita ma cresciuto in California, Musk ha fatto soldi a palate con il colosso dei pagamenti online PayPal, che ha venduto. Molto apprezzato da Barack Obama e fieramente anti-Trump, Musk ha sparigliato pure il business interstellare, con la Space X che vuol scarrozzare i turisti nello Spazio con le navicelle Dragon e vende i razzi Falcon alla Nasa. Nel 2003 ha fondato Tesla, che finora ha sempre chiuso in rosso (quasi 300 milioni, nel 2016).

Ammirata da ambientalisti e appassionati delle supercar ultra-performanti, è stata a lungo snobbata dai costruttori "tradizionali". Il clima ora è cambiato e cambierà molto di più se gran parte dei pre-ordini sulle Tesla 3 diventeranno veri acquisti. «Musk sta facendo un percorso simile ad Apple, che ha cominciato con prodotti destinati a clienti trendy, riuscendo a restare un marchio chic pure con oggetti alla portata di un pubblico sempre più vasto», dice Marco Santino, partner di Boston Consulting Group.

La Tesla 3 vuol essere la vettura "di massa" di Musk. Per riuscirci, la fabbrica californiana di Fremont dovrà decuplicare la produzione da qui al 2020, per sfornare 500 mila auto l’anno, come promette il fondatore. Titanica impresa, assai condizionata dalle scelte dei governi: «Se altre nazioni, oltre a Usa o Norvegia, spingeranno sugli incentivi per le elettriche e sui divieti per le auto col motore a scoppio, le vendite di vetture a emissioni zero potrebbero impennarsi rapidamente», sostiene Massimo Nascimbene, condirettore di "Quattoruote", che aggiunge: «In Europa dipenderà dai tedeschi: se a Berlino decidono che è arrivata l’ora - e le case teutoniche, gruppo Volkswagen in testa, hanno annunciato investimenti corposi - l’accelerata elettrica comincerà davvero».

L’irruzione virtuale sulla scena della Tesla 3 ha fatto più rumore del certosino e costoso impegno profuso da Carlo Ghosn, il capo dell’alleanza Nissan-Renault (la Nissan Leaf è l’auto a batteria più venduta in Europa). Perché? Le Tesla sono più "cool" e hanno un’autonomia interessante, mediamente superiore ai 300 chilometri veri, mentre l’ultima Leaf è accreditata, sulla carta, di 250 km. Le californiane poi stuzzicano gli amanti delle superperformance, grazie a ripresa micidiale e dinamica di guida sportiva, e gli ecologisti calcolatori, che col bilancino valutano risparmi e CO2 emessa.

«Chi è pessimista sull’espansione dell’elettrica pone troppa enfasi sulla scarsa capillarità della rete di colonnine per la ricarica. Nella più rosea delle aspettative, le emissioni zero raggiungeranno il 25 per cento delle nuove immatricolazioni, soddisfacendo le esigenze di chi le usa in città, nel commuting di corto-medio raggio», dice ancora Santino di Boston Consultin Group.

Comunque, in Italia, Enel una rete la vuole creare, dice Ernesto Ciorra, responsabile innovazione e sostenibilità della società: «Sarà a disposizione di tutti. Si potrà pagare con carta di credito, bancomat, Telepass e con una app su cellulare». I tempi? Potrebbero essere rapidi. Enel ha presentato un progetto in risposta al bando Ue e l’esito si saprà a giugno.

Musk è strepitoso nel motivare il suo team galvanizzare la sempre più affollata community che lo segue e affascinare i grandi investitori. Collocato al Nasdaq a 17 dollari nel 2010, il titolo Tesla viaggia intorno ai 250. Sull’operato di Musk - uomo molto convinto di sé, dal carattere spigoloso e non esattamente modesto - sono fioccati in questi anni tanti punti di domanda. «Però ha risposto ai legittimi dubbi con coraggio e, nel tempo, con grandi risultati», sottolinea Stefano Aversa, presidente di AlixPartners: «Non lo ritenevano capace di fare macchine tecnicamente al top e invece ha fatto esperienza sulla Roadster, e con la Model S ha sfornato la migliore elettrica di sempre. Dicevano che l’azione fosse sopravvalutata ed è tornata vicino ai massimi . Lo criticano perché non rispetta le tabelle di marcia, ma anche se in ritardo sta confermando gli obiettivi del suo piano industriale. Morale: la sfida resta enorme ma mese dopo mese cala lo scetticismo e aumentano interesse e rispetto per l’azienda e il suo leader».

Pazienza, insomma, se Tesla seguita a chiudere in rosso. Gli analisti finanziari non demordono nel suggerire l’acquisto di azioni Tesla. E se la "3" fa davvero boom", tra qualche annetto nel parcheggio dell’Ibis di Carpiano ci sarà un bel via vai e a Palo Alto si brinderà al primo utile. Elon comunque farà spallucce, perché a lui interessa cambiare il mondo, non l’ultima riga del bilancio.

di Maurizio Maggi per -l'espresso.it-