- 14 May 201707:24 GMTChinese President Xi Jinping told his Turkish counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, that the two countries should focus on combatting terrorism, citing Beijing’s concern about ethnic Uighurs from its Muslim-majority autonomous region of Xinjiang fighting alongside Islamists in the Middle East.“In order to promote even greater development of relations, China and Turkey must respect and give consideration to each other’s core concerns, and deepen security and counter-terrorism cooperation,” the Chinese Foreign Ministry cited Xi as saying, according to Reuters.
- 06:21 GMTKazakhstan’s president, Nursultan Nazarbaev, discussed the Astana peace process with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayip Erdogan.“Addressing the results of the Astana peace process, Erdogan stressed its importance for further dialogue on Syria in Geneva,” the Kazakh presidential administration said in a statement.
- 06:02 GMTRussian President Vladimir Putin and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, voiced concern over the mounting tensions on the Korean peninsula.“Of course, Putin and Xi discussed the situation in detail and expressed mutual concern over it,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Sunday.
- 04:58 GMTThe President of the World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, welcomed China's "ambitious" effort to lower trade costs and improve infrastructure with their new project.Kim pointed out, however, that the ”sheer size of the initiatives" would require large initial investments. He also called for effective governance and customs procedures along the Silk Road
- 04:23 GMTThe British Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond, called the new Belt and Road idea a "bold" and "groundbreaking" initiative with the "potential to raise living standards of over 70 percent of (the) world’s population."
- 04:19 GMTNawaz Sharif, the Pakistani Prime Minister, called China's Silk Road proposal a "synergetic intercontinental cooperation"that will help "reform" global economic governance.The “center of gravity should shift from conflict to cooperation" when building the new initiative, Sharif said.
- 04:07 GMTThe Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras, also welcomed the Silk Road initiative which Athens believes will help its domestic economy. The Greek PM also noted that the Chinese proposal is "compatible with [Greece’s] own regional economic goals."
- 03:50 GMTCzech Republic President Milos Zeman called the new Silk Road initiative the “most fascinating project in all our modern history.” He said an overwhelming majority of world politicians are confined within the limits of short-term decisions, which have consequences inside the function period or election period of the given politician.“It is very easy, it is very comfortable, because there is no risk that your successor will eat the cream of your activity and that he will open the successful story of that long-term investment,” Zeman said, emphasizing that it requires great courage to engage in such a long term venture.“In modern history, except for the Marshall Plan, there was practically no long-term projects,” he said, noting that even the unprecedented American 20th century investment to rebuild Western Europe is dwarfed by this new initiative.
- 03:30 GMTChile’s President, Michelle Bachelet, said the Silk Road has the capacity to become the “biggest economic cooperation project in place today,” emphasizing that her region “understands the need to be part of that major endeavor.”
- 02:59 GMTRounding-off the opening ceremony as the final speaker, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, said the Silk Road project has “immense potential… far-reaching in geography and ambition.”da "rt.com"
domenica 14 maggio 2017
Beijing has welcomed dozens of world leaders and hundreds of business representatives at the Belt and Road Forum where China’s president, Xi Jinping, provided a platform for building a new reality of fair and mutually-beneficial cooperation.....
Beijing has welcomed dozens of world leaders and hundreds of business representatives at the Belt and Road Forum where China’s president, Xi Jinping, provided a platform for building a new reality of fair and mutually-beneficial cooperation.